Minocqua Public Library
Fax Machine Policy and Procedures
The library’s fax machine is available to the general public on a limited basis as follows:
- The faxes will be sent by library staff within 24 hours, if at all possible, of the time they are received from the patron.
- Only outgoing fax transmissions are permitted. No International fax transmissions will be allowed.
- The library is not responsible for missing pages, bad transmissions or incomplete patron identification.
- Fax transmissions will be charged at $1.00 per page. Charges apply to each location the fax is sent to.
- Charges must be pre-paid before faxes are sent. Only cash or personal checks may be used to pay for fax transmissions.
- A call placed to a busy signal will be resubmitted up to a maximum of five times at no extra charge. If the fax does not go through due to a constant busy signal, the patron’s money will be fully refunded.
- Originals of the documents sent can be picked up after transmission at the circulation desk. Documents will be held no longer than two weeks. Patrons can choose not to pick up their documents and staff will shred them after they are sent.
- Costs may be revised on an as-needed basis dependent upon changing costs in phone lines, long distance fees and fax machine operation.