The Minocqua Public Library Board of Trustees and the library staff welcome library users of all ages. The patron rules of conduct are based on providing a secure and comfortable environment for library use.
- Behavior that disrupts or hinders use of the library is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, loud or boisterous behavior, verbal or physical harassment, bullying, drunkenness or drug intoxication, running, and fighting.
- Staring or following others with the intent to annoy or harass is not allowed.
- Sleeping is not allowed when it disrupts library services or library users.
- Good hygiene is important. Persons whose bodily hygiene is offensive to others will be asked to leave.
- Please wear shirts and shoes (and other clothing!) into the library.
- Service animals are welcome; however, all other pets are prohibited from the library unless part of a library sponsored program.
- Courteous cell phone use only. (Hint: Brief conversation; “library” voice.)
- Parents and care givers are responsible for the behavior and supervision of their children.
Respect the Library
- Damaging or tampering with library property is not allowed. All materials must be checked out before removing them from the library.
- Library materials may not be taken into the restrooms.
- Bathing, shaving or washing clothing is not allowed.
- Use furniture as intended; that is, only one person per seat, etc. Furniture should not be moved without permission.
- Keep the library clean!
- Theft, vandalism and mutilation of library property are criminal offenses and will be prosecuted. Library staff reserves the right to inspect bags, briefcases, backpacks or other personal items when there is reason to believe that this rules has been violated.
- Personal items should not be left unattended. The library is not responsible for these items.
- Good manners are appreciated!
Failure to comply with these rules may result in the loss of library privileges.
Approved 2/2012; Revised 6/2018